Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Level II Class — Okuden Reiki Training — Inner Teachings
The Okuden Reiki Class (Okuden means “inner teachings”) is for Usui Reiki Ryoho Level I practitioners who want to deepen their knowledge and connection to Mikao Usui's teachings. Learn the traditional meaning and practice of shirushi (symbols) and jumon (mantras), discover how to connect to Heaven and Earth energy or Ki (ideas that have been central to Japanese culture, religion, and philosophy since ancient times) while exploring the meaning of Oneness with the universe. The concept of Oneness is in fact central to understanding the original meaning of distant healing which so often is misperceived in the West. The Okuden Reiki course will expand and intensify your personal and spiritual connection to the essence of Reiki.
Okuden is one of the traditional Japanese Usui Reiki Ryoho Classes that aim to teach you Reiki in the traditional Japanese way as taught during Mikao Usui's lifetime. If you would prefer to learn Reiki in the Western style, please see our Usui Reiki Healing Classes.
Usui Reiki Ryoho Classes for Donations!
We do ask for a deposit and we do suggest an appropriate donation for all Usui Reiki Ryoho Classes; one that reflects the additional expertise required of the teacher and the value of the classes being taught, but you remain free to choose the amount donated. Remember: Our aim is to make Reiki accessible to everyone and according to each person's circumstances. We gladly put our trust in you to donate an amount that is right for you, and which you feel adequately reflects the value of the teachings.
Remember too that a portion of all donations received is shared with charity.
About the Okuden Reiki Classes
Okuden is the second of the Reiki classes that will teach you traditional Japanese Reiki, following the teachings of the Usui Reiki Ryoho branch.
In Okuden, we explore the concept of Oneness to deepen our energetic understanding of all things. Realizing that everything in the universe is composed of energy enhances our perspective of energy work. Energy is everything, therefore distance cannot exist, and it is this core concept that allows us to delve deeper into one of the more superficially puzzling aspects in the practice of Reiki — that of distant healing. In this exploration, we examine the traditional role of shirushi (symbols) and jumon (mantras) and through practice learn how these are used to connect us to Earth and Heaven energy. We relate the essence of this concept in the context of its ancient Japanese origins. We go deeper into the shirushi and jumon to uncover their many facets, which include chanting and visualization techniques, and explore their role in developing a deeper personal spiritual connection. Once we have a firm understanding of how to connect to Heaven and Earth, we proceed to expand our exploration of Oneness and of its inner meaning within the system of Reiki.
During Okuden, we nurture further spiritual growth by learning and practicing additional traditional Japanese Reiki techniques.
As we become more conscious of our connection to everything and everyone, the desire to help others may also naturally evolve further. We discuss aspects of helping others and steps that are appropriate for Okuden practitioners to consider.
In keeping with the traditional Japanese perspective of Reiki being a spiritual journey, all students of Usui Reiki Ryoho are invited to continue to build upon what they have learnt by attending the Usui Reiki Ryoho Practice Meetings which are held regularly.
Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Benefits
These are some of the benefits you will gain from the Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden course:
- Learn Okuden experiencing authentic Japanese teachings
- Find day–to–day clarity and balance
- Feel centered and grounded; always ready to take on whatever the day brings
- Start to let go of negative emotions and old patterns
- Understand the relationships between all things in the world and how you connect them
- Gain a new sense of focus and purpose as you understand your connection to all things
- Experience a sense of personal inner strength as your spiritual awareness grows
- Learn to help others professionally
- Open up your understanding of traditional Japanese Reiki
- Receive ongoing support from your teacher and access to regular Reiki Practice Meetings and events
Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Training
Reiki Okuden Level II training includes the following:
- Learn the original meaning, practice, and spiritual description of 3 jumon (mantras) and 3 shirushi (symbols)
- Understand Oneness and our connection to all things
- Learn Distance Healing within the original Japanese context of Oneness
- Receive 3 original Japanese reiju (attunements)
- Includes comprehensive Okuden manual with original excerpts from traditional Japanese manuals
- Certified course includes Okuden Level II practitioner certificate
- Availability of Reiki Practice Meetings held regularly to practice Reiki with others and build upon your knowledge and experience.
Traditional Japanese Okuden Techniques
The traditional Japanese Okuden techniques taught include:
- Hatsurei ho (method for generating greater amounts of Reiki)
- Byosen Reikan ho (method for sensing imbalances with your hands)
- Reiji ho (method of allowing Reiki to guide you)
How to Book Your Okuden Class
Simply review the information in the Fact Box below, along with the availability schedule there, and when you are ready, just click on one of the “Book This Service” links.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Level II Class Fact Box
You must have Shoden Level I from us or a recognized Usui Reiki Ryoho teacher. (If you have not studied with us we will need to see your original Shoden certificate.)
You must have completed a minimum period of at least one month for personal practice and development.
Whether practicing by yourself, with your friends, or at the Reiki Practice Meetings (hopefully all three!) we'd like to see how you are coming along:
If you are local, you must attend at least one Reiki Practice Meeting, although it is recommended that you attend as many as you can. Come and enjoy some Japanese tea!
If you are not local, you will be expected to show that you are practicing regularly.
Please see the Usui Reiki Ryoho class schedule below.
Reiki services advertised in Lake Forest will be at our place in Lake Forest, Orange County, California, with easy access from the Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5). The full address will be provided to you when your booking is confirmed.
Addresses for other venues will be shown as and when they are announced.
Once you have received a confirmation of your booking from us, all you need to do is arrive promptly at the agreed date and time. Please do not be late for class!
Wear comfortable clothing. Bring a sack lunch and a bottle of water. Bring a pencil and notepad to take notes.
We teach Okuden Level II classes in one–day intensives with about 8 hours class time. In keeping with the traditional Japanese perspective of Reiki being a spiritual journey, all students of Usui Reiki Ryoho are warmly invited to continue to build upon what they have learnt by attending the Usui Reiki Ryoho Practice Meetings which are held regularly.
- MINIMUM SUGGESTED DONATION: USD$200.00 (includes deposit). The usual cost of an Okuden Level II Class is around USD$200 to USD$600. You are welcome to leave a donation of your choosing at the end of the class which will be shared with charity.
- NON–REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT: USD$125.00 Due as soon as you receive an offer of a place in response to your booking. Payable by PayPal only. (No PayPal account is required — you can use an existing credit or bank card.)
- INCLUDED: Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Manual.
- INCLUDED: Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Level II Certificate of Completion.
What you might pay elsewhere
Others offering this service typically charge around USD$200 to USD$600 for an Usui Reiki Ryoho Okuden Class that includes the necessary learning materials, attunements, and certificate of completion. (Quoted prices sometimes do not include all of these things, so please check carefully when making comparisons.)
Traditional Japanese Reiki II Class (OKUDEN) Schedule
- Sun Mar 16, Chatsworth (San Fernando Valley) CA, Rebecca Thompson — 10am to 6pm
Usui Reiki Ryoho OKUDEN Level II Class Traditional Japanese Reiki II Class. Intensify your personal and spiritual connection to the essence of Reiki.
Typical availability times are shown here. These may become fully booked at any time so please book as early as possible. Please book a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Your booking is confirmed only after you have received a confirmation from us.
More Usui Reiki Ryoho: Traditional Reiki Courses and Practice Meetings
A summary of traditional Japanese Usui Reiki Ryoho services offered:
- Usui Reiki Ryoho Classes — Overview of all Usui Reiki Ryoho courses and Practice Meetings offered.
- Reiki Shoden Class — The Usui Reiki Ryoho Level I Shoden Class.
- Reiki Okuden Class — The Usui Reiki Ryoho Level II Okuden Class.
- Reiki Shinpiden Class — The Usui Reiki Ryoho Level III Shinpiden Master/Teacher Class.
- Reiki Practice Meetings — Reiki Practice Meetings held regularly for Usui Reiki Ryoho students.
Usui Reiki: Western style Reiki Classes and Workshops
A summary of Western style Usui Reiki services offered:
- Usui Reiki Healing Classes — Overview of all Western style Usui Reiki Classes and Workshops offered.
- Reiki I First Degree Class — The Usui Reiki Level I Class taught in the Western style.
- Reiki II Second Degree Class — The Usui Reiki Level II Class taught in the Western style.
- Reiki III Third Degree Class or Reiki Master Degree Class — The Usui Reiki Level III Master/Teacher Class taught in the Western style.
- Reiki Workshops — Reiki Workshops are held regularly for all Reiki students.
Reiki Treatments: Reiki Sessions and Distance Reiki Sessions
A summary of Reiki Healing treatments and therapy offered:
- Personal Reiki Healing Sessions — The Reiki treatments offered in in person.
- Reiki Distance Healing Sessions — The Reiki treatments offered using distant Reiki techniques.
California Reiki offers Reiki services for donations: Reiki Healing Sessions, Reiki Therapy, Reiki Treatments, Reiki Classes, Reiki Training, Reiki Workshops, and Reiki Practice Meetings. If you would like to make a donation, please go to our Donations Page. A portion of all proceeds is shared with Save the Children or other charities.